Monday, November 26, 2007

Deja Vu

Greetings to you all. I survived my visitors.

Bridgett came to visit me during my second reading week. She was here from a Wednesday to a Monday (which is a while) but we had so much fun together. We explored the North Shore, took in a movie, went to a science museum (turns out she's slightly competitive), walked the freedom trail, and hung out at my pastor's house. Overall, a great trip with a great friend.

Two days after she left Nealy and Emily arrived. I was ill prepared for the amount of energy required to host visitors for an extended period of time. However, their visit was also a lot of fun. We spent thanksgiving with a family from the church I attend here. We also explored the North Shore and walked the freedom trail (however, I did not climb the bunker hill monument with them). So, as my title alludes, I basically had the same weekend twice, but what a great weekend to repeat!

If you would like to see pictures, I will do my best to get them up somewhere online. My internet has been spotty lately which has prevented me from doing much on it. If I fail to do that before Christmas, I will bring my computer home and would be happy to share pictures with whoever was interested.

School is going well. I have a lot of research ahead of me. Let's just say the only man in my life from now to Christmas is a dead Swiss theologian named Karl Barth. Let's hope we can get along!

What I am really excited for is that this coming Sunday is the beginning of Advent. I think I enjoy advent more than I enjoy Christmas. There is something right about the church in preparation for the coming savior. The church I attend is doing a book study for Advent. The book is The Great Omission by Dallas Willard. I am excited to read it and to share it with others.

I pray that you all spend a little time this advent to reflect on the coming savior. :)

1 comment:

W. Travis McMaken said...

What are you doing with Barth?