Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I like it... I think it's nice...

For those of you who are wondering how my trip home was I have this to say to you: I liked it. It was nice. For those of you who are wondering how I am enjoying seminary I have this to say to you: I like it. I think it's nice.

I came back to MA yesterday after almost 3 full weeks at home. A lot happened while at home - some of which I have already blogged about. My apologies to those who read my last blog and were confused as to when I was giving the message at camp. That happened on Sunday - not Monday. I think of Sunday as Memorial Day too - forgive me. The service went really well, I think. Steve told me that I looked natural speaking in front of all those people and that was a very nice compliment that I'm willing to believe.

Sunday I also went down to Sioux Falls for USF's graduation. I really enjoyed going to the ceremony and recognizing so many of the graduates - including one of my best friends in the entire world - Nealy Williams. Again Nealy, congrats! She graduated with three (yes, three!) majors - what a crazy girl. I also ran into some of the people I graduated with last year and other dear friends from USF. Overall it was a very enjoyable day.

On Memorial Day I went to the service in the morning. There, Grandpa Henry's flag was dedicated. In Arlington there is an avenue of the flags surrounding Lake Arlington (which is more like a pond). It is really quite beautiful, but it was too windy on Monday for them to be up. Anyway, each flag in the avenue is dedicated to a veteran who has died. They are the flags off the caskets. So, from now on, my grandfather's flag will be a part of that display - a display he enjoyed very much. As a family, we have helped put up and take down the avenue of flags on the fourth of July for years. A tradition that will be more meaningful now.

Yesterday I flew back to MA. I was up at about 3am and stayed awake until probably 11pm. Long day. A long day that included flying half-way across the country and then moving down the hallway into a new room. Unpacking everything I own and re-arranging the new room. Catching up with friends at an Italian restaurant in Ipswich (that was totally awesome by the way) and starting the next installment of Anne of Green Gables.

I think it is going to take this week for me to get settled. That is alright with me though. I'm still getting used to the idea of classes in the summer and not camp. I was at camp a lot when I was home and although I love it - I know it is time to move on. As a good friend told me - You can't stay at camp your whole life. Some days I wish I could stay in that part of my life forever because it was so amazing - but I know God has other things planned for me. Other adventures are waiting for me.

Here are some pictures of my time at home - enjoy!

No comments: