Monday, June 2, 2008

Picture Post

I don't have much to say in the way of stories or anything, but I did take some pictures recently that might be interesting enough to share. Enjoy.


New Room:

This is the uninteresting view of my new room.


This is looking the other way. Notice the chair - it is from my former roommate Tina. Very comfortable. I have definitely fallen asleep in it already.


Desk and food area. I hung up some postcards on the wall. On the left are camp postcards - the right has European postcards. Notice also the very cute girl on my computer - my niece Lizzy who turned 1 on May 31st.


An uninteresting photo except to show you that I have some plants in my room. This is my English Ivy that I hope will grow. (I have a notorious reputation for killing plants.)


This is the other plant that I purchased for my room. Not sure what it is, but I like it. It has very cool leaves and looks great whether or not it is blooming.

Hamilton:

This morning I took a walk into Hamilton to go to the bank. It was about a 5 mile walk total. These are pictures I took during that walk. This first one is for Randi because she loves horses.

One of the many beautiful flowers I saw. Looks tropical!

These flowers were everywhere. I don't know what they are but they are so beautiful. More than once I was tempted to pick them to have for my room.

It is always nice to see the sky out here!

So unexpected to see on my walk.

Look at that color! Crazy!

I think I have a lot of pictures of this kind of flower, but I just couldn't help myself. If you look closely, you might notice the butt of a bumble bee in this photo as well.

Pretty Irises. Please correct me if they aren't irises.

Hastas. I like them. Bleeding Hearts are in there too. Reminded me of our front yard at home.

I just liked this flower. It kind of looks like a large purple dandelion sort of.

The Greenhouse in Hamilton. I thought about going in - but decided against it. I still had 4 miles to go on my walk.

Cannons in Patton Park. Patton Park is named for Gen. George Patton who was a native son of Hamilton.

In honor of Gen. Patton. About 2 seconds after I took this, she put her son on the tank to play...

Don't know why I thought this was beautiful...

And I'll end with a far off picture of a swan. There were little swans but they are hiding in this picture.





1 comment:

Kim said...

I very much like your room. It's bigger than mine will be.