Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Weekend of Boston Firsts

This last weekend (read Friday and Monday...) I had two amazing Boston experiences. On Friday I went down to Cambridge to see the Boston fireworks on the Charles River. There were so many people there and the fireworks were unbelievable. On Monday I went to Boston again to see the Red Sox play the Twins at Fenway Park. It was so great! I never knew which team I should cheer for, however. When you see the pictures - I look like a Red Sox fan but I think I clapped more for the Twins, even though they lost. What can I say - I'm a South Dakota girl through and through. Enjoy the pictures!


Anna is not actually that much shorter than me, I am standing on a curb.
Fun fact: She recently came back from a 6 week trip to Zimbabwe.

Natalie, Anna, Me
Fun Fact: We all live in Lamont Hall.

Natalie and me
Fun Fact: Natalie does not like taking "fun pictures" but I forced her.

Me and Ruth
Fun Fact: Ruth shares her name with a Biblical character and my grandmother.

Boston skyline
Fun Fact: I took this picture while standing in front of MIT.

Wendy! She is the wonderful person who took me to Fenway.
Fun Fact: Wendy is the organist and choir director at Immanuel Church.

Me in front of Yawkey Way
Fun Fact: Yawkey Way is named for the original owners of Fenway Park.

Me in front of another part of Fenway
Fun Fact: Fenway Park is the only ballpark that still has a manual scoreboard.

Me in front of the foul pole (aka the "fair pole") and the Green Monster
Fun Fact: On the scoreboard is morse code that spells out the initials of the original owners.

Crowds behind the Outfield.
Fun Fact: There is one red seat in the stadium that marks the furthest homerun hit in the stadium. No balls have ever been hit out of the park.

Me in my new green Red Sox cap.
Fun Fact: I look good in green. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a blast! I am so jealous! I want to go there so bad! Donnie and I both have Red Sox hats and love them! Hope all is well with you! Take care, Stacy

Amanda said...

you sure do look good in green. you got that right.