Sunday, November 30, 2008

a week to be thankful for

Recap:

Monday: I went down into Boston on Monday to meet up with Kim and one of my professors from USF. I met up with Kim at the Prudential Center and we walked around and chatted for a couple of hours. Then we met up with my professor and talked of USF and life in (and around) Boston. Good times. That also marks the first time I have traveled to and from Boston on my own.

Tuesday: I agreed to help out a friend by doing some typing for one of the appendices to his thesis. We went to Borders and he dictated the text to me for awhile. We definitely got a lot of strange looks because the text consisted of theological arguments concerning the practice of believer's baptism. One thing to realize about theology - it can get ridiculous at times. Periodically while typing I would start laughing. One reason is that the text reminded me of a skit that Rowan Atkinson did spoofing the church. (Worth watching!)



Thursday: I spent my Thanksgiving at my pastor Sarah's house with her husband, daughter and another couple from the church. It was wonderful to spend time with them - they have become my Massachusetts family. Since I could not be with my real family - they were the next best thing. I got to help mash potatoes and I made the crumb topping for an apple cranberry pie (so good!)

Saturday: My friend Kim, who I saw on Monday, came up to the North Shore to visit me. We ate at Depot Diner and then went to the North Shore Mall and hung out. It is nice to spend time with someone from home. We spent a lot of time talking about things happening at home. She is from Brookings, originally.

I realized today that I am coming home in less than 2 weeks! I am so ready to be home for awhile. All I have left before I come home is 1 research paper and 1 final. Please pray that I can stay focused long enough to accomplish these two things!

Happy Advent!

1 comment:

Camber Carpenter said...

Katie!
wow--almost done with the semester. Don't be like me and procrastinate to the last minute. Only 2 things left to do; you're a rockstar.
I'll be in SoDak in about 3 weeks! We must make sure we meet at the same juncture of space/time.
All the best till then!