Sunday, April 19, 2009

My Roommate on AFV!


I apologize for not posting for awhile - even though I've had things to write about.  

Quick Recap of my life:
- Easter Sunday was great!  Sang "Then Came the Morning" in the choir at church.  That afternoon I went to Jana's where about 15 of us gathered and had breakfast food in the afternoon.  I brought the bacon.  And no, that is not a metaphor for money.

- This past week I had the last lectures in all my classes and took the final in my Semlink class.  Friday was my last lecture of seminary - and I wasn't really that sad.  Honestly, it just hasn't hit me that I won't have class for awhile.

- Saturday morning I co-hosted my first bridal shower for my friend Ruth Robinson.  My duties were to bring the flowers and the beverages.  Since flowers are really expensive, I decided to make them.  My origami skills came in handy as I made three vases full of lilies.  It was a big hit at the shower and one girl was so happy because she is allergic to flowers - so she was able to appreciate them as well.

- Saturday night I spent at one of my professor's homes.  Apparently he invites all of his students (from every class) over each semester for a night of food and fun.  I hadn't actually planned on going, but I was talked into it at the last minute.  Only about 10 students showed up - which was slightly awkward for me, but it was fun to hear stories about when he and his family lived in Portugal.  We left before the games really started - but I had heard talk of Scene-It.  Probably a good thing I left - it's not really fair to play that game against me :)

- Sunday morning - I attended an emergent church with 3 guys - one I sort of know from a class I took last semester and the others I only recognized.  They were nice and it was a good morning.  I had to attend an emergent church for class - I didn't just decide to go church shopping my last few weeks here.  I ended up eating lunch at the pastor's house - I'm always down for a home-cooked meal!

- Sunday night - I watched America's Funniest Home Videos with a bunch of girls because my roommate Jen was on - AND SHE WON!!!  Actually, I had known for awhile because she is currently in California.  Today they shot the $100,000 episode.  I don't know how that one went, but I do know that she is splitting $10,000 with her two friends from Wisconsin.  

Way to go Jen!!!  We all couldn't be more happy for you!  God certainly has a sense of humor in the way he decides to provide!  :)

3 comments:

Dianna said...

THAT IS AMAZING!!! SO COOL!!!

Dianna said...

That's in reference to the AFV thing, of course.

Kim said...

That is so amazing! I actually forgot to watch...guess I'll have to try again when the $100,000 show airs...