Monday, April 27, 2009

Top 10 things I'll miss about Immanuel Church...

10.  The food brought in for fellowship time after the service.  Cookie brownies...yum.
9.  Sarah saying "blessings on your head"
8.  Hearing "Sweet Caroline" spontaneously sung by the choir before the service.
7.  Phil always spotting my grammatical mistakes - but rarely letting me know...
6.  Phil Dodge and Bud Lohnes talking to me after the service.
5.  Hugs from Edna Goodwin.
4.  Passing of the peace and praying in the center aisle.
3.  Sarah and I butchering the noonday prayer in the Book of Common week after week.
2.  The random acts of kindness and gifts from Wendy the organist - including the Red Sox game
1.  The Hospitality - people inviting me into their homes and sharing with me what they have - food, stories, laughter and one awesome pie plate.  




The hardest thing about finishing seminary will be to leave the church I have called home for the past two years.  I will miss everyone there.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I wish you wouldn't talk about your leaving...I'm still in denial.

Anonymous said...

Katie-

That is the saddest thing about leaving a place... but I'm sure you'll find all that in Arlington, right? :):) Ha- okay- I hadn't been on your blog in while, and it was good to read a bit. I will try calling tonight, but I'm now traveling with Sister Christie, so I won't necessarily be able to talk long. love you!