Monday, March 17, 2008

Accordian Marching Band and so much more...

First off - I would like to thank everyone for all the cards and phone calls and gifts and wishes sent to me on my birthday (or near my birthday) - it means a lot to know you were all thinking of me. I had a really nice birthday - pretty low key on Friday. I did wear my pi-day shirt that day, but unfortunately did not eat any pie. I'll do better next year.

The real gift was that my friend Camber came to visit for roughly 36 hours. She was in the area doing auditions which went well, I think. It was so much fun to catch up with her! We went into Boston on Sunday to see the St. Patrick's Day Parade. I've never been to a St. Patrick's Day parade before, so that was new and exciting. I even took some pictures, so I'll include the highlights. On a related note: if anyone can explain to me what Star Wars has to do with St. Patrick's day - that we be helpful.

This week, as you are well aware, is holy week. Yesterday was Palm Sunday which I love. I love getting palms in church! The church I attend also does a Passover Seder on Maundy Thursday. I'm very excited to experience a new tradition on one of my favorite days in the church calendar. Good Friday will be spent heading to New York to see my friend Camber. For those of you who are wondering - this is the same Camber who just visited me this weekend. I actually just took her to Boston where she headed on a bus to New York City. So, even though I just saw her, I will be seeing her again shortly.

I'll stop talking now and post the pictures from St. Patrick's Day and South Boston. Also, don't miss the special video at the end!



Fenway Park! This is where the Boston Redsox play ball.


We (this is Camber next to me) are very excited about the parade!


I had to get a shot of some horses for my niece Randi. They were huge.


The great St. Patrick. Not the real one, though.


There was an unbelievable amount of kilt-wearing,
bagpipe-playing marching bands in this parade.


Not sure how this fits with St. Patrick's Day,
but it was very cool and very colorful.




The coolest marching accordian band I've ever seen...
Actually, it's the only one I've ever seen.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Was the parade near Fenway Park? Because my school isn't far from there.