Sunday, March 8, 2009

I lack originality.

This is taken from my friend Kim's blog which was taken from someone else's and so on and so forth.  There have been a lot of these types of things going around, but this one appealed to me because I have been a little sentimental lately and therefore am in the mood to give.

But before we get to the contest thing - a little story.

There is this couple in my church that I have become friends with.  They are also good friends of the pastor and her husband, which is how I got to know them.  Both of them are transplants from the Midwest to New England and much of our time is spent cataloguing the differences between the two regions.  For awhile the Kesters were trying to convince me that I would stay in New England, but I eventually convinced them otherwise.  About a month ago, Kimie (the wife) emailed me her husband's birthday which I put in the announcements page in the church bulletin.  This is typical for church members, but he isn't technically a church member yet.  Once he saw this he was determined to figure out my birthday and let the entire church know.  I gave him various hints over the past few weeks. I told him I never give up sweets during lent so I can always eat my birthday cake.  I told him I share my birthday with Albert Einstein.  Finally I told him my birthday was on Pi Day.  Of course he heard "pie day" and had no idea what that meant.

Well, today he figured it out.  However, when I do birthdays in the bulletin, I always do them for the upcoming week and since my birthday is on Saturday - he was too late!  [insert evil laugh]  Besides, I am the one who makes the bulletins - like I would incriminate myself!

It was a small victory for me, but a victory nonetheless.  Speaking of small victories - I bowled last night and got a 147 and a 158.  Those are really great scores for me, but I need to talk to my dad about it because the lanes were super slick and I think that had something to do with it.

Okay,  for those of you interested, here are the rules for the game I stole from Kim.  I'm modifying it a little.

The Rules

1. Be one of the first THREE bloggers to leave a comment on this post, which then entitles you to a handmade item from me. Something crafty or yummy, who knows?

2. The gift that you send to your three winning friends can be from any price range and you have 365 days to make and/or ship your item. 

3. When you receive your gift, please share with blogdom what arrived on your doorstep. If you're not among the first three commenters on this post, you can still play along. Go ahead and start your own chain, and encourage your blogging friends to do the same!

4 comments:

Critically Christian said...

Free stuff rule. I am all over this at least from the getting side not so much in the giving.

Good story by the way you are an evil genius.

Katie said...

I should make it clear that if you comment you are in no way obligated to do this on your own blog. Commenting will only commit you to receiving my gift and then blogging about it.

Natalie said...

Well Katie, in that case, I'm happy to comment on your blog, now that I know I don't actually have to commit to giving anything. :)

Kim said...

So, is it breaking the rules for me to comment on your blog, since you got this idea from mine? I really don't know how this is supposed to work, I just thought it sounded fun.