Sunday, March 15, 2009

What a week!

I've been so blessed this week that I'm literally worn out from kindness.

Wednesday I went out to brunch with my friend Gina.  Interesting fact:  Gina had never heard of eggs benedict before that morning.    I also received a 3-layer chocolate in the mail from my great-aunt Bernice.  This is the third birthday cake I have received in the mail.  It was probably the best chocolate cake I have ever eaten.  I gave a piece to a former professor of mine here at the seminary and he told me later that if he wasn't already married, he would have proposed to my great-aunt.

Thursday the baked-goods-in-the-mail trend continued with homemade chocolate chip cookies from my mother.  I love chocolate chip cookes baked by my mother and decided not to share them. 

Friday night I checked off one of my many things on my Boston to do list - tried some Samuel Adams beer on tap.  Samuel Adams is brewed in Boston (or near it.. I cannot remember).    I'm not a huge fan of beer, but this wasn't bad.  Thanks to Kerry for taking me out!

Saturday morning was spent at a bridal shower in Hamilton.  Saturday night I headed to Worcester, MA (pronounced Wuh-stah) to see Third Day, Brandon Heath and Revive in concert.  Words cannot express how awesome the show was and how much of a blessing it was for me to be there.  There was a group of 6 that went together and I just had a blast with them.

Today I went to church and then the girls from seminary ate out.  We had intended to eat BBQ but the place was closed.  Then we decided to eat Mexican food.  Interesting fact: Gina has never eaten Mexican food.  (Same girl as the eggs benedict. I've shown her a whole new world of food this week!)  Then we came back, ate cheesecake and played the Office DVD game.  

It's been a wonderful birthday celebration.  I feel very loved and blessed.  My room is full of yellow flowers and whenever I look at them I just smile.  Thank you to everyone.  It's going to be really hard to go back to a "normal" existence after a birthday like this.  Good thing I won't have to suffer for long.  Bridgett comes on Friday!  Woo Hoo!


3 comments:

Dianna said...

Happy birthday!!! :D

Natalie said...

Good times! Glad you enjoyed your birthweek. I know I did!

Jennifer said...

I'm glad that you were able to have fun (even without me...hard to imagine, I know!).