Thursday, September 6, 2007

Adjusting

Today was registration. I'm feeling good about how things are going here. I really like the people I've met so far - everyone including the faculty and staff have been friendly and welcoming. I was sort of taken aback today at the table for mentored ministry. I'm not doing a mentored ministry because my program does not require one, but I needed a signature anyway. The lady at the table asked my program (then gave me a high five), then proceeded to ask if I planned on teaching later to which I nodded yes (another high five) and then told me the names of some supposedly amazing female profs on campus that will "inspire" me. That conversation made me feel like I was at a place where I can excel because people believe in what I am doing. People understand the path laid out before me and can help me navigate it. I feel I have spent so much of the last few months defending my decision not to do an Mdiv and not to become a pastor that I have almost been resentful of it. ALMOST.

My parents left yesterday. It was hard, but they bought me Stranger than Fiction - which softened the separation for me. I have the BEST parents in the world. Not because they bought me a movie, but because they love me enough to take a vacation to New England just to move me in. Not much of a vacation either since they are spending 6 days of it driving. YUCK!

Pray for me tomorrow - I am meeting a pastor as we discuss the possibility of me working at a local church as a secretary. I think this job is going to be a good fit for me and I hope she feels the same way!

No comments: