Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Value of Optimism

Some days are stressful. The stress-filled moments of our lives seem to cluster into certain days where one can appreciate the pessimistic outlook on life. Yesterday was a day like that. I hope that it is clear that my life and emotions are not as dramatic as I make them out to be. If one were to ask my mother - she might argue that I do believe my life to be dramatic. What is important is that those episodes never last long and in a short matter of time I am able to reflect and gain from the experience.

You may be wondering what was the cause of my stress. The cause of my stress is the cause of most stress in the world, I would speculate: money (or the lack thereof). I love school. School is expensive. the end.

So nothing is better than a renewed sense of optimism after a day of stress. Today I regained my excitement for school and even got enough ambition to walk around the campus where I live. It is truly beautiful here and the leaves haven't even begun to change color. On my walk I saw rocks, hills, trees, a pond, horses, a tennis court (behind some trees on someone else's property...ugh), and people. Instead of trying to describe to you how beautiful it is - I'll show you with some pictures. I hope you enjoy beautiful GCTS!







No comments: