Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The Adventure Begins...

6:15am Saturday, Sept 1, 2007 - I wake up shaking...literally. Not sure I'm ready for the life change about to take place, but I motivate myself out of bed to begin my day - and ultimately the rest of my life.

2:30 pm - Stop for lunch in Iowa. It seems that I have been in Iowa forever.

9:00pm - Can't find a room in Illinois or western Indiana - decide to drive through the state.

2:00am (with time change) - find a room in Ohio - I sleep on the floor. I always knew it was smart to have my sleeping bag with me at all times.

9:30 am Sunday, Sept 2nd - leave hotel and travel into the unknown - New England.

lunch time: stop at Scoopy Do's in upstate New York - friendly service and lots of french fries.

Stop around 4:30 out of pure exhaustion - watch movies.

Monday, Sept 3, 2007 - after 5 hours of driving we arrive at Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary. I have made it. Find my room - meet my roommate - all is well.

I am still adjusting to life out here - especially the terrain. It is difficult for me to find my way around because I can't see the towns that I am in due to the amount of trees in the area. I got lost a little on my way to Target yesterday, but I regained by bearings and made it there and back safely. I like the girls I live with and have met a lot of really great people. Classes start on Friday - and I just have Hebrew, I believe.

Wish me luck and keep me in your prayers as I begin this new stage in my life.

No comments: