Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Birthdays!

In honor of all my friends who have birthdays (which would be all of you! I hope...)

I really enjoy celebrating other peoples birthdays. Over the years I have done various things to celebrate my friends. Here is a little list of the more interesting ones:

- For Reid who lived on the other side of the state - I sent another friend of mine to his dorm with a cupcake. She had never met him before, and showed up at his door while on the phone with me. I learned later that they became pretty good friends after that - so double present.

- For Jess who shares the same birthday as me - I wrote a play about our friendship. I narrated the play which was about how we met. I used the girls in the service house to act it out. It was a lot of fun.

- Most recently - I had 10 of my friends call up Bridgett and wish her a happy birthday from me. These people didn't know Bridgett and she didn't know them. It was a lot more work that I had anticipated, but it was a lot of fun!

- One done to me: When I was in England, Bridgett called my house and left a message with one of the girls who lived there. When I returned from Paris the girl sang "Happy Birthday to Scuba Katie" to me. It was great!

- Another one done for me: My great aunt Bernie has sent me cakes through the mail on 2 different birthdays! She is also my birthday buddy.

What have you done for your friends on their birthdays? Has anyone done anything special for you?

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That was so fun to do that for Bridgett...thanks for letting me in on that! I don't have anything creative...I've had a couple of surprise parties thrown for me, which is always fun. Once when I was away from one of my good friends around the time of her birthday I wrapped up seven gifts for her so she would have one to open each day for a week leading up to her birthday.